Sometimes life seems to have us on our backs and we don’t see a way out. We feel stuck and the possibility of rolling over and getting up seems impossible. Have you ever felt that way? I know I have. A few times. The sad truth is, we will all face this at some point in our lives. Sometimes the period lasts a long time and others it’s a passing phase.
One thing is for certain. Being stuck can become a choice. Yes, things can happen to get us in the situation but sometimes our actions keep us on our backs for a long time. If we refuse to do the things necessary to get off our backs, we will remain just where we are. No progress.
Here are a few tips to get un-stuck:
1. Create an action plan to get off your back. If there is something you want to accomplish write it down. Then set a date you want to achieve it. Be realistic with the date so you don’t feel like you failed when you don’t make the date. Make sure you also write down small steps in between you will do in order to reach your goal.
2. Remember that we give power to what we say and think. It’s important to speak positively and to encourage yourself to get out of the situation you are in.
3. Finish what your start. I’ve been guilty of this before. Starting something and then getting discouraged because of not seeing results and then just stopping. There is nothing worse than seeing a whole bunch of unfinished projects. This will get you nowhere. So whatever you start, make sure you follow through and finish the job.
4. Take time to disconnect from all forms of technology for at least 30 minutes to an hour a day. Use that time to focus on prayer, meditation and self-reflection.
5. Don’t give up. No matter what keep pushing forward. Keep struggling through that tough time so you can rise off your back and start to walk on your feet. Don’t be like this turtle in the picture above. That’s the last position you want to be stuck in for the rest of your life.