This season the captoe continues to be on trend in footwear. If you don’t want to spend a fortune on buying a new pair, how about re-styling an old pair of shoes? It’s easy.
Just get some fabric paint, a roll of tape, paintbrush and a pair of shoes.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- fabric paint in white and another colour of choice (white is the base)
- roll of tape
- a good paintbrush with even bristles
- a pair of shoes
First clean your shoes to make sure there is no dust so that the paint can adhere to the shoes easily. If you used a cleaner let it dry before you start painting. Using acetone nail polish is a great surface cleaner that will leave the shoes clean enough to adhere the paint also.
Now let’s get started.
1. Place tape over the shoes to mark the exact place you want the captoe to be. Wrap the tape very tight so that you get a clean line. Make sure it is even on both shoes. If you are not sure about accuracy, get a measuring tape to get it exact.
2. First paint with a white base to give your shoes a smooth surface and a good base for the colour.
3. Wait at least 12 hours for this to dry.
4. Now paint your desired colour. Wait for this to dry overnight.
5. Remove the tape carefully.
6. Voila! You have a fresh new pair of captoe shoes to strut your stuff in.
For more tips on making your own captoe shoes, check out these links below: